ADVENTURES IN BROADCASTING
The Promotion Director's School
WHAT I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR RETAIL
by Doug Harris
1) What is the purpose/objective of this promotional campaign?
2) Who is the client's target?
3) Who are the client's competitors? What differentiates the client
from his competitors?
4) Where are the client's retail operations located?
5) How many locations are there? Do they all have the same name?
6) What are the hours of operation? Are all stores open during
7) What is the retail atmosphere of his business?
8) Is the client introducing any new products or services?
9) Which promotions have worked/failed for this client in the
10) Is there a promotional angle that the client has seen and
would like to try?
11) How much money is the client devoting to this campaign? Are
dollars available for pop, premiums, grand prizes, talent and
broadcast fees, etc.?
12) Will the client's ad schedule support the promotion?
13) Do opportunities for vendor support exist? Additional partners?
14) How are the client's products sold or dispensed?
15) How will the client measure the success of this promotion?
@1997 by Doug Harris firstname.lastname@example.org