Here’s the second installment in a 3-part interview with the guy who’s become known as “the” person for an actor, voice actor or audiobook narrator to go to for accent and/or dialect coaching.
This 16-minute video includes:
* Game of Thrones — coaching actors in both “Duthruckie” and “Valerian”
* Two things to avoid when looking for accents on YouTube
* Success milestones you should look for when learning dialects
* A closer examination of the Yorkshire accent
* Estuary accents
* The 3 ways for you to use the IPA (and the problem with the commonly prescribed “Broad Transcription” usage)
* The biggest thing that gets in the way of people doing accents
* Jim decodes my own speech pattern to identify where I grew up
We still have half a dozen “accent/dialect” videos ahead of us. Want us to let you know when they’re ready? Join the Alert List at https://danoday.com/the-accents-class.