≡ Menu

This Video Will Change Some Audiobook Narrators’ Careers Forever

Audiobook Narrator Promotion

Audiobook narrators: Do you get paid just respectable fees, or do you command respectful rates for your recording work?

After you watch this brief video, you’ll realize you’ve been shortchanging your own career.

To play video, tap the “Play” button in the middle of the screen.
To enlarge to Full Screen, tap the “star” image in the bottom right corner.

Please “Like” and Share below and then leave your comments/questions.

Facebook Comments

{ 8 comments… add one }
  • Linda Roper April 16, 2018, 7:37 am

As you see Dan, my website is outdated. I’ve learnt a lot through your ACX training, I’m now ready to move on. Thank you.
    May our lives go well. And Double it. Linda Roper

• Stephanie April 16, 2018, 9:20 am

Hello Dan,
    I’ve wanted to take a class with you and David for years now. I hope that this is the class I’m able to take. It sounds perfect. I have an ACX profile with 3 completed titles. I can produce an audio book from start to finish with no problem. I’d like to cut through the auditions and market myself better. I enjoy doing audio books, I don’t like the audition and search process on ACX and have wanted a better way to find work. I think I could build a bigger business with ACX and look forward to seeing what you are offering.

• Dan O'Day April 16, 2018, 10:29 am

@Linda Roper: You’re really going to like Week 5 of the Aikido Self Promotion for Audiobook Narrators class, much of which is devoted to “Easy Internet Tactics for Real People, NOT TECHIES.”

• Dan O'Day April 16, 2018, 10:45 am

@Stephanie: As you’ve seen, ACX is an excellent place to start. For people such as you who tire of auditioning AND who are good at what they do, Aikido Self Promotion for Audiobook Narrators provides a huge step up. Looking forward to having you in theh class.

• Dan Curtis April 16, 2018, 12:55 pm

I’ve completed 7 books on ACX but none of them have sold well enough to make the time spent worthwhile. Some of them had good sales ratings for the Kindle Book but somehow I have not figured out how to pick the good sellers. I have learned, however, that if the audition script is poorly written or full of grammatical and spelling errors, it’s not worth pursuing. I once narrated an embarrassing business book written by a guy who didn’t know the difference between gratitude and gratuity and used the two words interchangeably. I hope your course can put me on a better track.

• Dan O'Day April 16, 2018, 1:06 pm

@Dan Curtis: My Aikido Self Promotion for Audiobook Narrators class won’t help you select better titles on ACX. It’s devoted to positioning yourself so that authors and publishers come to you to ask if you’d consider recording their books — regardless of whether they use ACX.

If you’re not interested in that kind of result but want to learn how to pick ACX titles that are likely to be worthwhile, I highly recommend the ACX Master Class. That’s one of the many elements our grads rave about.

The 2018 ACX Master Class already has been taught, but you can be advised of the next time we teach it (sometime in 2019) by putting your name on the list you’ll find here: http://ACXMasterClass.com

For anyone else reading this: It’s the 2018 ACX Master Class that already has been taught. The class this video talks about — Aikido Self Promotion for Audiobook Narrators — has NOT yet been taught this year…

…but will be very soon.

• LINDA LONGCRANE April 17, 2018, 9:49 pm

Dan, I’m with Linda Roper! I have enjoyed using ACX but I’m ready for movin’ on up; and as usual, I don’t have a clue. Therefore, I’m looking forward to this opportunity.

• Dan O'Day April 17, 2018, 10:24 pm

@Linda Longcrane: Two Lindas who are vets of my (and David’s) other audiobook class — looks like the 2018 edition of Aikido Self Promotion for Audiobook Narrators will hit the ground running.