A Loyal Reader Asks:
1) How often should station imaging for an Oldies station be updated?
2) How often should programming promos be updated (ones that promote shows on the station and/or features)?
3) Is it still true one of listeners’ biggest pet peeves is when announcers talk over songs?
4) Promotions: Would listeners rather have a chance to win a large prize or small prizes?
5) Any ideas for station swag when the station has a small budget?
6 Any advice to new morning shows who are being overshadowed by the market leader?
7) How important is ‘the play along factor’ for listeners who don’t
participate in radio contests?
8) Should there always be an instant prize AND a chance at winning something large?
1) Long after the PD complains that he’s sick of it.
2) No formula. Depends upon the program, station, audience, frequency, etc.
4) If they feel they have an equal chance at either? Obviously, a good large prize. But that assumes a perception of equal winning opportunity. Beyond that, you should get this:
5) Yes. See #4, above.