REVEALING RADIO VIDEO WITH HOWARD HOFFMAN

by Dan O'Day on November 17, 2009

radio personality graphicThe other day I sat down with the legendary radio personality, radio production wizard, and voiceover star Howard Hoffman.

It was the interview of a lifetime. At least, for him.

Comments

comments

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

scott snailham November 17, 2009 at 3:13 am

uh…yeah!

Dan Kelley November 17, 2009 at 6:17 am

Hilarious!

Mike Bell November 17, 2009 at 6:46 am

NINE!

Bob Goff November 18, 2009 at 9:48 am

OMG!! Funnniest thing I’ve seen in a long time!

JJ Duling November 18, 2009 at 1:02 pm

Gotta ask, Dan- that interview was hilarious but I gotta know: was he just giving you the business or was he really getting P.O.’d?

Dan O'Day November 18, 2009 at 1:10 pm

@JJ: That guy always is P.O.’d.

He has to pay people to be his friend.

Which reminds me, this month’s check appears to be late…

Kingsley H. Smith December 1, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Howard is a hoot, just as I remember him from WALL and WABC! This video is 4:32 of rollicking reality fun.

James Anthony June 7, 2010 at 12:54 pm

NINE!!!!!!!!!

Wild Bill May 12, 2013 at 1:28 am

….hahaha!! Just awesome… nicely done!

BOOMer RocKs January 9, 2014 at 12:52 pm

How appropriate. Today is January 9th, [2014 no less]
My beginnings in radio started in 1970.
I first heard the “9″ Tape back in 1976 while working, studying, and living in Boston, from a fellow broadcaster who’d claimed to have worked with Howard @ WABY-Albany. I’ve played this hilarious rip on the business over and over for neophytes and pros around the country in all markets that I’ve worked & played in during the last (almost) 40 years. Many marvel over its unique grip on how Radio nailed itself into its own coffin, WITH the help of our Gumint’s stupid-ass TelCommAct of 1996 that really buried us all. Further, with the new year here and me going thru boxes and boxes of yet to be converted tapes, I was just about to use MY COPY from the WABY-Albany archives [on reel to reel] to upload to my MaC and further spread the word digitally, but I decided to check on line first. I’m glad it’s here for the world to listen to “the beginning of the end” of Radio’s demise of over – formatting. As a matter of fact, Todd Chase [from Kansas City] used this exact idea to programme Miami’s 96X when it came back on the air [after an over 4 year hiatus because of Charter & Bartell's losing the license in 1981] on 15 June 1985, with the “Super 16″. We played the same 16 songs over and over and over and over and over from Tuesday to Tuesday with only one oldie @ :15 and a 96Xtra @ :45. Lotsa jingles-very little talk. Great huh?
This format lasted about 16 weeks. Then we got Rick Sklar.
Ahhh radio in its heyday. Repeal the TelCommAct of 1996!

− two = 1

Previous post:

Next post:

Dan O'Day Event Calendar

Who Owns Whose Words

When you post something on this blog, you retain the right to use your words elsewhere.

I get to use your words elsewhere, too: in a newsletter, book, 3-D hologram, major motion
picture, etc. I'm not saying I will, but it's possible.

But you don't get to take the stuff I write here – even if it's in response to something you
wrote – and use it elsewhere.

Just so you know.