1. LUST – Dumping every effect at your disposal into the piece, even though it has nothing to do with the subject at hand.
2. GLUTTONY – Overusing a favorite effect.
3. GREED – Allowing your effects to take over the promo. Your effects never should dominate the mix.
4. SLOTH – Sloppy music edits. A good producer never says, “It’s good enough.” If you can’t dance to it, it needs to be fixed.
5. WRATH – Getting mad about what the competition is doing and letting that affect your promos. (Example: You believe the competition is copying you, so you start adding words such as “original” and “first.”) Those words only invite the listener to check out the competition.
6. ENVY – Making your work sound like someone else’s. Aspiring to sound as good as Eric Chase or John Frost is healthy…until you start ripping off their work.
7. PRIDE – Don’t believe your own hype.