ADVENTURES IN BROADCASTING
The Promotion Director's School
THE PROGRESSIVE PROMOTION
...at least according to
by Doug Harris
1. I will not be deceived by Arbitron, for I know it is voodoo,
and does not give full credit for my work.
2. I will demand an adequate budget, because I know it is essential
to my station's promotional health and market position.
3. I will scoff at the clutterphobes, scorn the promomaniacs,
and search instead for
a balanced promotional nirvana.
4. I will return phone calls.
5. I will slay the dragon of the zipless remote broadcast, for
I know that my
listeners do not care about two for one dinners at Taco Bell
or special savings
on designer sheets and bedding.
6. I will remember at all times that capitalism is my ally, and
that I do not work
for the Red Cross.
7. I will treat my colleagues in other departments with respect
even though their job descriptions may turn them into monsters
or the lowest
forms of human life.
@1997 by Doug Harris Phone: 1-203-288-2002 Fax: 1-203-281-3291