Home Page

Articles and Advice You are here.

Ask O’Day

Blog

Catalogue of Radio Goodies

Chickenman

Contact Us

Dan O’Day (Who Is This Guy?)

Dan O’Day Seminars

E-Books (instant download)

Free Stuff

Mp3 Seminar Downloads

Radio Fun

Show Prep

Software

Teleseminar Download (Free)

Tooth Fairy

Search This Site!
Web Pages:
Whole O Catalogue:


Hey! Did you know you can hear samples of almost everything we have?

ADVERTISING PRINCIPLE: SPECIFICITY
by Dan O'Day

If you want to be believed, don't talk in generalities; be specific.

Which do you find more believable:

A) At Ed's Real Barbecue Restaurant, we slow-cook our meat longer than most other restaurants . And you can taste the difference!

B) At Ed's Real Barbecue Restaurant, we slow-cook our meat for 17 and 3/4 hours .... And you can taste the difference!

Moses didn't descend Mount Sinai with "some" commandments; he brought exactly ten.

Baskin-Robbins doesn't offer "a bunch" of flavors; they offer "31."

Other examples you can use in your commercials:

"In and out in just 20 minutes." (Automobile lube job, tire service, oil change, etc.)

"At Ed's Bank, we know that time is your most precious, irreplaceable commodity. That's why we're pleased to report that 94% of our customers spend no more than 3 and one-half minutes in the teller line. As for the other 6% .... Believe me, we're working on them, too!"

"The all-new Blattmobile gets 34.6% better mileage than any other car in its class!"

"93% of our laser eye surgery patients go back to work THE VERY SAME DAY!"

Instead of saying you've got the biggest selection," PROVE it by quantifying it:

Ninety-three different models of TV sets....

Shoes from 46 different leading manufacturers....

One hundred sixty-eight different entrees on our dinner menu.

All Articles © 1997 - 2016 Dan O'Day. All Rights Reserved
www.danoday.com