Home Page

Articles and Advice You are here.

Ask O’Day


Catalogue of Radio Goodies


Contact Us

Dan O’Day (Who Is This Guy?)

Dan O’Day Seminars

E-Books (instant download)

Free Stuff

Mp3 Seminar Downloads

Radio Fun

Show Prep


Teleseminar Download (Free)

Tooth Fairy

Search This Site!
Web Pages:
Whole O Catalogue:

Hey! Did you know you can hear samples of almost everything we have?



I have been working radio in a small market for several years now. I most recently worked at the #1 station in our market...until they fired me. Now they want me back, but I've got a possible opening at another station in a larger market. The problem is that the station in the larger market is buying a new station and they've kept me on hold for a couple of months now just waiting for the deal to close. They're supposedly getting very close to the closing but now my old station wants me back. Should I put off going back to my old station until I know something for sure from the larger market station? Or should I go ahead and take the job back at my old station until they make a decision?


Take the old station job. If the larger station finally comes through with a definite offer, you can always leave. (After all, they've fired you once, right?)

In my experience, when a station wants you, they act on it. When they string you along for an unreasonable amount of time, they're just wasting your time.

All Articles © 1997 - 2022 Dan O'Day. All Rights Reserved