ADVENTURES IN BROADCASTING
The Promotion Director's School
EVALUATING PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
by Doug Harris
1. Is the promotion in sync with the needs and interests of our
audience (according to our description of our target and our mission
2. Is the client spending enough money with the radio station
to warrant this service from us (according to standards set by
our sales department and the market climate)?
3. Is there sufficient lead time in which to inform the audience
and motivate them to action?
4. Are there conflicting activities on our calendar, or on the
listeners' calendars (holidays, area events, etc.)?
5. Do we have the financial and human resources necessary to properly
execute the promotion?
6. Is this promotion of critical importance to, or will it have
an impact on, our audience, community, station, or clients?
7. Will this promotion improve our ratings, generate revenue,
or enhance our image with the public? (It should accomplish at
least one of the three).
@1997 by Doug Harris email@example.com