THE DIGITAL STICK
by Rockie Thomas
90-Minute Audio Seminar; Instant Download!
e’re not in the “radio” business, nor the “music” business” nor the
“entertainment” business. We’re all in the audio content business.
Your station should be marketing itself via every form of electronic
How can you get your audio content distributed across as many
platforms as possible?
Rockie Thomas will show you how to market your station with cell
phones, texting, the Internet, iPods, mobile applications, smart
phones — an entire electronic world just waiting to help deliver your
You will learn:
- Why it’s a mistake to try to transform your station into an iPod
- How to take your audio content beyond your transmitter
- The mistake of embracing the New Media Radio Mistress
- Streaming Media
- On Demand Media
- Radio’s Top 7 New Media Misconceptions
- Whom you should allow to cannibalize your business
- How to get the most from your in-house New Media person
- The Four C’s of your website content
- The 5 M’s of your website content
- Why your home page needs a banana
- The danger of relying on third-party feeds
- Using social media
- Why your site should NOT link to your staff’s individual MySpace
- Why your station SHOULD have a MySpace page
- How to use MySpace to research and build your local brand
- User Generated Content
- YouTube Best Practices
- Blogging Best Practices
- Listener Relationship Management (what it is, how to do it, how
to manage it)
- Numerous ways to advertise your station online...for free
- Partnering with other websites
- Value of your Web traffic analytics (and how to decipher them)
- Traffic benchmarks your website should be hitting
- Mobile distribution
- Banner Advertising: Guess what? It’s not dead!
Rockie Thomas runs three very popular Internet-only radio stations
under ChroniXradio.com and is an Interactive Consultant with McVay
Media. Her previous integrated media experience includes work with NRC
Broadcasting, Emmis Communications, AMFM and Chancellor Media.
Rockie also has lent her expertise to Internet-only companies such as iM
Networks/Sonicbox, XACT Radio, Spacial Audio Solutions and Bid4Spots.